Share this article:
Top 15 Neuroscience Jokes
We know neuroscientists are a fun group, so it didn’t surprise us that there are so many great jokes out there. Here’s a collection of our favorites. Take some notes and be prepared to share with your colleagues!
What’s your favorite neuroscience joke? If you don’t see it below, we encourage you to include it in a comment!
- What is a sleeping brain’s favorite musical group (rock band)??REM.
- What does a brain do when it sees a friend across the street??It gives a brain wave.
- What did the neuron say to the glia cell??“Thanks for the support!”
- What do neurons use to talk to each other? A cellular phone.?
- What did the stimulus do to the neuron after they got married??Carried it over the threshold.
- If some of Fred Flintstone’s neurotransmitters could talk, what would they say??“GABA-daba-doo!”
- How did the mother know her son would become a neuroanatomist??He was always staining things.
- What did the angry brain say to the nociceptor??“You’re a real pain.”
- Why does the spinal cord belong in the brass section of an orchestra??Because it has dorsal and ventral horns.
- What did the hippocampus say during its retirement speech??“Thanks for the memories.”
- What do you call a skull without 1 billion neurons??A no-brainer.
- What did parietal say to frontal? “I lobe you.”
- What happens when a neurotransmitter falls in love with a receptor??You get a binding relationship.?
- What do you call a group of brains who form a singing group??A glia club.
- What does a neuroscientist order at a bar??A spiked drink.?
The scientific study of the nervous system is entering a new golden age. Researchers and clinicians continue to advance the treatment of conditions such as Alzheimer’s syndrome, Parkinson’s disease, epilepsy, and traumatic brain injury. Public initiatives like the federal Brain Research Through Advancing Innovative Neurotechnologies (BRAIN) program in the United States, announced in April 2013, ensure that funding and resources will continue to be applied to this rapidly growing field. Elsevier’s journals, books, eBooks, online references, and tools are respected around the world for everything from physiology and pathology to behavioral genetics and nerve repair.?Our publications are a gateway to the latest advancements in neuroscience research and leading-edge data for professionals, students, and academics alike.